5-Night Stay on Magdalena Island
2-Night Stay on La Ventana
See Whales, Mobula Rays, Dolphins, Orcas & More!
In the surface, the mountains covered with Baja California Sur’s cactus and the ground landscape make a remarkable contrast with the exuberant vibrating underwater wildlife. The amazing one on one encounters with the megafauna make diving in Baja California Sur so special. It’s a pleasure being able to watch orcas, dolphins or whales from the boat before getting to the diving spot.
For inquires, please contact:
Discover a whole new level of adventure living this expedition. Admire the marlins hunting in Magbay waters, encounters with dolphins, whales and more!
Get a 5-night stay on the magnificent Magdalena Island
You’ll have a close encounter with striped marlins, sea lions, and pelicans while they hunt the sardine bait balls
Dive in Cabo Pulmo
Arranged upon booking
San José del Cabo
October 28th-November 4th 2022
November 6th-13th 2022
10 days, 9 nights
6 ppl expedition
- Must be 18 years or older
- Previous snorkeling experience
- Insurance (mandatory, to get yours visit: https://dan.org/)
- Each participant will be required to fill out a waiver before the expedition, the waiver can be found here.
- You must have a WRSTC certification for any of the following schools (PADI, IANTD, NAUI, RAID, SDI, SNSI, SSI, ETC).
- Diving equipment in Cabo Pulmo
- Round trip transportation San José del Cabo – Cabo Pulmo – La Ventana – Puerto San Carlos
- Round trip transportation Puerto San Carlos – Magdalena Island
- 7 Breakfasts
- 8 Box Lunch
- 7 Dinners
- 1 Diving day in Cabo Pulmo with 2 tanks
- 1 Ocean Safari at La Ventana
- 2 Marlin expeditions in Magdalena Bay
- 1 Ocean Safari in Magdalena Bay
- 1 Day of mangroves and sand dunes in Magdalena Island
- 5-night accommodation at Tavo’s House
- 2-night accommodation at La Ventana
- Masks, snorkels and fins
* All the meals will be served at Chejo’s Restaurant in the island.
- Snorkel equipment: dive/wetsuits (Full equipment upon request, $20 USD per day)
- Personal expenses
- Other activities not specified in the plan
What to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Proof of dive and travel insurance (we recommend World Nomads for travel insurance and DAN for dive insurance)
- Sunblock SPF 30+ (reef-friendly is mandatory)
- Spending money for personal expenses
- Insect repellent
- Hat, buff, and polarized sunglasses
- Layers of clothes (for the Pacific breeze)
- Rain jacket
- Bathing suit
- Dry bag
- Beach towel
- T-shirts and shorts
- Sweatshirt and long pants
- Warm, waterproof jacket
- Sandals or shoes that can get wet
- A canteen or water bottle
- Any special foods or medications (seasickness tablets, waterproof bandaids for fin sores, electrolytes)
This special expedition will take place in different spots from Baja California Sur. Starting at Cabo Pulmo, then going to La Ventana and finally admiring the amazing Mexican Sardine Run in Magdalena Island. Experience one of the best moments of your life diving in Pulmo, have an encounter with different pelagic species in La Ventana and swim with the striped marlins while they hunt the sardine bait balls in Magbay!
Day 1 – Pick up in Cabo San Lucas/San José del Cabo. Drive to Cabo Pulmo. Diving day in Cabo Pulmo, lunch and at the end drive to La Ventana, where we will have dinner and spend the night in there.
Day 2 – Breakfast in La Ventana. Ocean Safari with box lunch at the boat. Dinner when we head back to the house and another night stay.
Day 3 – Breakfast in La Ventana. Drive to Puerto San Carlos with a box lunch. We will cross to Magdalena island in boat from San Carlos, and then accommodate in Tavo’s House. Dinner at Chejo’s Restaurant at the island and spending the first night in the house of the island.
Day 4, 5, 6 & 7 – 4 days of action in the ocean! 2 Marlin days, 1 Ocean Safari y 1 Mangroves and dunes. Breakfast and dinners will be served at Chejo’s Restaurant. Lunchs will be served at the boat.
Day 8 – Breakfast at Chejo’s Restaurant. We will head back to Puerto San Carlos in boat and then drive back to Los Cabos with a box lunch included.
Good to know
- You’ll be at Magdalena Island and there are no ATMs, pharmacies, stores, etc. so come prepared.
- Tavo’s house (where you’re going to stay) has a wifi connection.
- Magdalena Island is a beautiful place, full of wildlife so we recommend you take your camera to save all those memories.