5-Night Stay on Magdalena Island
Witness the Incredible Striped Marlin
See Whales, Mobula Rays, Dolphins, & More!
Witnessing the ‘Mexican Sardine Run’ underwater is a lifetime opportunity. This expedition will take you to one of the best spots of the ocean where you can see the striped marlins hunting sardine bait balls along with sea lions and pelicans. Magdalena Island is waiting for you to join us with our local expert guides and be part of this amazing adventure.
For this year’s expeditions we have the fortune to have on board our friends:
Pirry (15-20 Nov). You can check out Pirry’s Instagram here: @pirryoficial
Felipe Ravina (6-11 Dec). You can check out Felipe’s Instagram here: @felipe_ravina
For inquiries, please contact email@example.com
Discover a whole new level of adventure living the mexican sardine run while you observe the striped marlins underwater
Get a 5-night stay on the magnificent Magdalena Island
You’ll have a close encounter with striped marlins, sea lions, and pelicans while they hunt the sardine bait balls.
Get up close and personal with many other pelagic sea species in the area including the Mobula rays migration, whales, dolphins, and more!
Arranged upon booking
Pick up from your accommodation in Los Cabos, Todos Santos, or La Paz
October 30th-November 4th 2022
November 15th-20th 2022 (SOLD OUT)
December 6th-11th 2022 (SOLD OUT)
6 days, 5 nights
8 ppl expedition
- Round trip transportation Cabo San Lucas – Puerto San Carlos
- Round trip transportation Puerto San Carlos – Magdalena Island
- 2 Marlin expeditions
- 1 Ocean encounter
- 1 Day of mangroves and sand dunes
- 5-night accommodation at Tavo’s House
- Pictures and videos of the experience
- Lead weights
- 5 Breakfasts
- 5 Dinners
- 6 Box lunches
- Masks, snorkels and fins
* All the meals will be served at Chejo’s Restaurant in the island.
- Freediving equipment: dive/wetsuits (Full equipment upon request, $30 USD per day)
- Personal expenses
What to bring
Wetsuit (3-5mm highly recommended, available for rent upon request)
Mask, fins, snorkel (we will provide with basic gear)
Comfortable walking shoes
- Passport or INE
- Proof of dive and travel insurance ( we recommend World Nomads for travel insurance and DAN for dive insurance)
- Sunblock SPF 30+ (reef-friendly is mandatory)
- Spending money for personal expenses
- Insect repellent
- Hat, buff, and polarized sunglasses
- Layers of clothes (for the Pacific breeze)
- Rain jacket
- Bathing suit
- Dry bag
- Beach towel
- T-shirts and shorts
- Sweatshirt and long pants
- Warm, waterproof jacket
- Sandals or shoes that can get wet
- A canteen or water bottle
- Any special foods or medications (seasickness tablets, waterproof bandaids for fin sores, electrolytes)
About your guide
- Magbay guides and staff
This expedition will be a 5-night stay below a star-studded sky on the magnificent Magdalena Island. Each morning you will head out with our team to see the extreme hunting skills of the striped marlins, the playfulness of sea lions, and get up close and personal with many other pelagic sea species in the area including the Mobula Ray migration, whales, dolphins, and more!
Arrival day – We recommend that you arrive one day before the starting day of your expedition so that you have enough time to prepare and make your way to the meeting point (travel/accommodation expenses not included).
Day 1: Drive to Magdalena bay. We will have a lunch box at the van and then arrive to Magdalena Bay for dinner. We will do all the necessary introductions and a briefing on what to expect for the coming days.
Day 2, 3 & 4: 3 days of ACTION! 6:30 am, after a light breakfast, everyone will be on the boats by 7:15 am to get an early jump on the search for bait balls and the Pelagic hunters. We will be one of the only groups staying on the island giving us an advantage over every other boat in the area.
After a full day of action and adventure, we will be back around 4:30 pm to take a break and head to dinner at 6:30 pm. We will repeat the same structure for 3 days.
Day 5: We will have the opportunity to explore the hidden spots of Magdalena Bay, visit the unique sand dunes, cruise through the mangroves, look for bald eagles, and hopefully
encounter the elusive wild coyotes of Magdalena Island. We will then have a final get-together to celebrate the experience, share photos, and have a farewell drink.
Last day: We will head back to San Jose Del Cabo around 9:00 am to be back in the afternoon.
Good to know
- You’ll be at Magdalena Island and there are no ATMs, pharmacies, stores, etc. so come prepared.
- Tavo’s house (where you’re going to stay) has a wifi connection.
- Magdalena Island is a beautiful place, full of wildlife so we recommend you take your camera to save all those memories.